Silent Resorts will contribute 1% of all sales revenues, plus an annual on-going contribution from resort operations to Silent Catch, the global non-profit initiative of Silent Resorts. The Silent Catch mission is to deliver innovative, scalable solutions with environmental, economic, and equitable impact in the world’s fishing communities. The three to five year sales projections just for the Bahamas location would indicate a contribution of over $1,500,000, plus additional donations and funding from partners and international organizations.
Silent Catch will establish a dockside facility at each of its locations, with the goal of supporting the following activities:
• Mangrove Preservation & Education –Protect the mangroves of the island and coastal region and educate the public and developers of the importance of protecting existing mangroves and the benefits of enhancing their presence. 75% of all tropical fish are born in the mangroves, and spend their young lives protected by its vast network of roots. No mangroves, no fish.
• Reef Protection and Restoration – We partner with organizations and government agencies dedicated to preserving endangered reefs and fund the creation of new artificial reefs using the latest technology and techniques. To this end, Silent Resorts has and will fund a studies of the reef, seabed, and water conditions around our islands. Our XShore electric day boats are all equipped with a "SeaLab" system to constantly monitor water quality around our resorts and send to local and global organizations. Without coral reefs, 25% of all marine life would lose their habitat, and coastal fishing industries would collapse.
• Local Fishing Fleet Electrification – The number one cost of going out to catch local fish is fuel and followed then only by the cost of maintaining gas and diesel engine in the harsh seaside environment. Silent Catch technology and infrastructure will support the electrification of the local and artisanal fishing fleet, for healthier, more sustainable, and more profitable fishing, and create a global example of excellence. Silent Catch dockside facilities are designed to house the local team to promote and educate, and to provide free solar powered charging of the electrified fleet, and refrigeration to keep the catch fresh.
• Sport Fly Fishing Fleet Electrification – Silent Catch, in collaboration with international Fly-Fishing Associations and Clubs, will help fund and implement the use of all-electric boats for sport fly-fishing, to protect the pristine waters of the Bahamas and all our destinations.
• Silent Caught Premium Fish Marketing – Silent Catch will encourage the local fishing community and entrepreneurs to develop a local and international market for fish caught and processed using the all-electric artisanal fleet, and create a premium brand, “Silent Caught ” that will provide enhanced income for the local community.
Copyright © 2022 Silent Resorts - All Rights Reserved.
Republic of Mauritius
Contact: Victor Barrett
WhatsApp: +43 677 62903781